Are you offering products derived from hemp that contain delta-9 THC?
In recent years, many hemp companies in the U.S. have begun selling products containing delta-9 THC, the cannabinoid that distinguishes hemp from cannabis. They claim their products contain less than 0.3% THC, which is the limit set for hemp in the 2018 Farm Bill. The products are marketed as hemp-derived and federally compliant.
What steps are being taken to get these products onto shelves?
To stay within that 0.3% THC limit, these companies make these delta-9 products weigh enough with other ingredients.
However, there is still much legal controversy surrounding the definition of a "dry-weight" basis.
The companies appear to be looking at the 0.3% by dry-weight standard in the farm bill to determine their legality. However, this interpretation is flawed because it does not account for moisture and the weight of gummy materials in oil.
Despite the legal controversy around these products, there are significant legal considerations for businesses that have or are looking to add hemp-derived delta-9 to their offerings.
Proper Manufacturing Practices Should be Implemented
If you're producing CBD or hemp products, it's important to ask yourself whether your manufacturing process meets pharmaceutical-grade standards. Make sure that your labels accurately reflect the contents of your product.
Avoid making health claims: Delta 9 THC
CBD companies have already received 79 warning letters from the federal agency since 2015, with the most recent letters sent out in March and April to seven companies claiming their products would treat COVID-19. Now, the FDA is issuing warning letters regarding delta-8 THC for the first time.
Five companies were sent warning letters on May 4 for selling products labeled as containing delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-8 THC) in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
Your brand or company should conduct labeling reviews for skus, especially on the supplement side. Ensure third party lab tests with a full chain of custody that can be accessed by all.
Make sure the bottle does not make any health claims. Additionally, you should ensure that your marketing efforts do not make these claims.
All of these factors are important because they are all interconnected. It is common for marketing departments to push back against company divisions who make such claims.
Choosing the Right Insurance Policy: Nano Water Soluble Delta 9 THC Powder
There is a growing consensus that hemp businesses should purchase general business liability insurance and ensure that product liability coverage is substantial.
An insurance broker will sell you a policy, which is the biggest mistake a brand makes. Brokers are salespeople, and they'll sell you insurance. When a claim arises, they discover everything they want to be covered for selling hemp products is not covered.
Now there are a handful of insurance carriers specializing in cannabis or hemp that will write a policy with the correct coverage & we recommend inquiring about ACW Insurance Group.
As well as being a good vetting procedure, it also tends to be an efficient one. You probably have a pretty good process in place if you can get insurance from a reputable carrier doing what you're doing since the reputable carriers [today] have a very good due diligence policy.
Can Delta 9 THC be Shipped Legally?
453.37 Hemp-based Products
For purposes of this section, “hemp” shall have the meaning provided under federal law, including Section 10113 of the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L.115-334 (7 U.S.C. § 1639o), or any successor provision.
Hemp and hemp-based products, including cannabidiol (CBD) with the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of such hemp (or its derivatives) not exceeding a 0.3 percent limit are permitted to be mailed only when:
- We make sure that the mailer complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws (such as the Agricultural Act of 2014 and the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018) pertaining to hemp production, processing, distribution, and sales.
- For at least two years after mailing, the mailer retains records proving compliance with such laws, such as laboratory test results, licenses, and compliance reports.
In order to ship hemp derived Nano Delta 9 THC Water Soluble products legally, you must:
- We presented USPS' legal restrictions and directions above. You should also check with the shipper's legal restrictions on hemp derived products.
- Comply with federal law regarding the types of products: Made from hemp and not marijuana, containing no more than 0.3 delta 9 THC by dry weight, also the type of THC, which may be restricted in some states. Some states prohibit Delta 8 THC as a synthetic form of THC.
- The manufacturer, distributor, and user of THC products must comply with state laws (specifically, concerning the type of THC).
- Consult with your attorney to get details insights to your specific product or brand regarding thc isomers, medical cannabis, cannabis products, thc gummies or any hemp extracted product produced from the hemp plant.
What is the best place to buy Delta 9?
In today's world, CBD products can be found almost anywhere: grocery stores, gas stations, direct marketing vendors, online, or even at flea markets. In addition to checking the legalities, it is just as important to check where you purchase Delta 9.
For several reasons, this is the case. To begin with, you need to make sure you're getting quality products from a reputable manufacturer or distributor. Two, you should order from a company you trust to ensure that you are legally compliant.
- When possible, purchase directly from the manufacturer and avoid third-party distributors.
- Verify that the manufacturer posts Certificates of Analysis (COA) and other materials that demonstrate they are doing their due diligence as a reputable company.
- You should avoid buying from street vendors, gas stations, and flea markets since these types of businesses may have less ethical practices.
You can create a shopping account directly on DSWW website if you're wondering where to buy Delta 9 THC products. You can buy Delta 9 products there as well as a variety of other cannabinoid-containing products. You won't need to worry about the shipping because of the following reasons:
- As an industry leader in CBD manufacturing and distribution, D SQUARED WORLDWIDE is committed to providing ethical products.
- Every time you order from us, you'll get quality products.
- D SQUARED WORLDWIDE's derived delta-9 thc products are all US federally legal.
- There are many different Delta 9 products available: broad spectrum CBD, nano-water-soluble Delta 9 THC products such as Nano Delta 9 Gummies, and many others made with hemp-derived Delta 9. Additionally, they make products for pets and for topical pain relief.
What is Nano Delta 9 Water Soluble?
All of D SQUARED WORLDWIDE’s product lines are powered by Nano Hemp Tech Labs. We ensure a high quality end product or raw material that delivers in a timely manner. Some important factors to avoid when purchasing nano are gels or liquids. Many brands think a gel like material is a supreme product but the best most shelf stable product to purchase is nano water soluble powder.
Our D9 powder is very resilient and can be used for wet or dry purposes. In addition to being odorless and tasteless, our nano technology also delivers a shelf stable outlook within 12-18 months.
If you are producing CBD or hemp-derived products, it is important to ask yourself whether your manufacturing process meets pharmaceutical-grade standards. Make sure that your labels accurately reflect the contents of your products.Finally, our technology has second pass absorption in the lower GI tract which explains why our nano has “extended” release properties and hits the consumer in “waves.” Contact sales today to inquire about true nano water soluble technology for your brand! #DoseDaily